About the Artist
"I am an abstract artist known for my custom colorization. My work reflects a feeling created within a color palette with an emphasis on the way colors layer and affect one another. My vision is to create a mood within the art, adding a hint of a landscape or focal point usually evoking a feeling of fluidity and emotion. My intentions are never to fully define a scene... but to lead viewers to the use of their own imagination and life experiences to fill in the gaps. I am fortunate in that my love is to paint for spaces, not just for what I was inspired to paint but how it needs to feel for a buyer to be able to live and fall in love with a piece.”
Carol Benson-Cobb’s art career started with an entrepreneurial spirit at the age of fifteen, painting rock star portraits for school mates. A self taught artist, Benson-Cobb quickly learned her niche and love was painting for specific projects and spaces. Her original paintings reflect her years of living in the high deserts of Arizona, inspired by the natural elements and landscapes.
Benson-Cobb evolved her original art business by focusing specifically on the interior design industry. Unlike traditional artists, Benson-Cobb launched her own creative formula and signature gallery-quality art line in 2012. The exposure within the major home furnishings markets built her client list to include custom collections for national accounts as well as expanding the art into multiple categories with brand partnerships and licensing opportunities.
The artist’s abstract paintings and textile designs have been translated to furniture, hand-knotted rugs, wallcoverings, and accessories through strategic licensing partnerships. Benson-Cobb continues to offer custom collections to interior designers and luxury retailers. Her Dallas based working studio now offers her original paintings and signed works directly to collectors.
- Benson-Cobb's first collection of originals were selected and placed within the Holly Hunt showrooms
- The first reproductions were launched within the home furnishing markets under the umbrella of "Benson-Cobb Studios"
- "Driven" becomes the first Benson-Cobb artwork to be sold nationally by luxury retailer, Neiman Marcus
- Reproduction collection launches with One King's Lane
- Benson-Cobb began working with Property Brothers Buying + Selling design team, providing custom artwork
- Williams-Sonoma Home selects a collection of reproduction artwork.
- Calvin Klein selects pieces for a curated collection
- John-Richard partnership launch, expanding the artwork into a licensed collection of reproductions, furniture, and accessories.
- The artwork is translated to a licensed collection of hand-knotted rugs by Creative Touch.
- York Wallcoverings launches a Benson-Cobb licensed collection.
- Benson-Cobb's to the trade gallery opens, located in the Dallas Interior Home and Design Center
- Benson-Cobb launches retail gallery website
- Arhaus launches a collection of Benson-Cobb's reproduction artwork
- HGTV's Celebrity I.OU. Season I & II episodes air (Benson-Cobb's artwork featured for Jeremy Renner, Viola Davis, Michael Bublé, Allison Janney, and The Office's Rainn Wilson)
- Benson-Cobb for Peacock Alley pillow Spring collection launch
About the Production Studio
The working studio houses our printing department and Mixed Media production as well as Benson-Cobb's painting studio. The creative combination allows a unique, hands-on environment. Our studio team is small, but mighty!
In order to maintain creative juices, the working studio is reserved for Original Art and Mixed Media appointments. However, our to the trade showroom is open daily M-F 9:30-5pm, appointments are appreciated, but walk-ins are welcomed.
The Dallas printing studio
Hand-crafted stretcher bars and frames
Benson-Cobb's unique model enables her to scale her work within multiple price points